From FB event:
Come and expand your views on Karl Marx!
Dictionary of Marx is a one-time-only multimedia experience based on the work of the German economic philosopher Karl Marx.
A dozen of Washington, DC’s most engaging presenter-performers will come together, responding to key words from the Marxist lexicon in a series of works accompanied by live music.
With interpretations ranging from theater performance to poetry reading, from film to monologue, and from lecture to happenings and interactive experiences, Dictionary of Marx explores these economic theories from today’s perspective.
Schedule of Events:
Elena & Los Fulanos will kick things off at 6 pm with a musical set.
Then, from 6:30 to 9:30:
- Alienation, Regie Cabico
- History, Vanessa Wills
- Human Rights, Vincent Thomas (VT Dance Company)
- Labor, Creative Feds: the Documentary
- Materialism, Natalia Gleason-Nagy
- Private Property, Sami Miranda
[~8PM] Intermission, Music from Magpie - Greg Artzner & Terry Leonino
- Proletariat, Joe Uehlein (The U-Liners)
- Resistance, Nu Sass (Mary Myers)
- Revolution, Edgar Endress
- Socialism, Michael Kazin
- Utopia, Tanya Paperny
- Workers, Kiley Kraskouskas (Dear Walmart - The Film)
And Maykas will round things out with a set from 9:30 to 10:00.
This event commemorates Marx’s 200th birthday as part of the Goethe-Institut Washington international series MarxNow.
Fringe Arts Bar will be open for socializing!
From FB event: